FanExpo 2012


Whew.  Well that was intense.  Just yesterday I came face to face with a gaggle of mischievous villainess, debated with a uniformed Starfleet officer, exchanged words with the Dark Knight and shook hands with an art god.  There’s only one place, one time of year where all of that was possible.  I am of course talking about FanExpo.

 
I had a booth at the show about 3 years ago so going into this a second time I thought I had a handle on what to expect.   Which was probably my first mistake.


I had forgotten about the pure dizzying explosion to the senses that is FanExpo.  Everywhere you go there’s something exciting to see, hear and experience.  And all of is undeniably cool.  Even the guy dressed as an oversized boxy Lego Superman walking through a sea of people just trying to get by him deserves to get some props just for his commitment to his fandom.

The lovely girls at Geek x Girls having fun posing with my Harley Quinn print



These gals know that bowties ARE cool!


My second mistake was giving away free sketches at my booth.  I easily pumped out over a hundred drawings over the weekend.  Each of them inked and fully rendered with markers except for one which I had to rush out a pencil sketch before the final 3 minutes of the show for an eager Korra fan.  It was an exhausting time but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. 

That girl is POIII-SOOONN....
Probably the most adorable Supergirl of all time


Thees two cam all the way from Australia to pose with my print! Well...maybe not. But they are from Australia!
These villianess stole this sketch but made enough time to pose for a quick for me first.



I just wanted to give a shout out of thanks to everyone who stopped by and said hi.  To everyone who bought a print or gave a generous tip for a sketch even though I that kept insisting it was free, thank you very much for making the show that much more of an enjoyable experience.


I am definitely going to sign myself for another booth next year, but maybe this time I’ll better prepare myself for the chaos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Avi Kishundat © 2012. Powered by Blogger.